A popular technique among cyberattackers is to target software that has not yet been updated to protect it from known vulnerabilities.
Businesses that haven’t implemented robust methods for software updates leave the door wide open for security breaches. Quadraware delivers all the functionality you need to effectively install and manage patches across all customer devices.
Welcome to Managed Networks. For less than the price of a cup of coffee a day, this service protects your critical IT systems and helps keep your business running. It helps you to avoid the following common issues:
Maintain a secure, compliant network.
- Supports all updates (including non-security updates)
- Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft products including Office and Exchange
- Covers all 5 major browsers – Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera
- Support includes most commonly exploited Adobe and Oracle Java
- Other vendor support including Apple, Mozilla, Zip tools and more
- Instant Messaging Clients such as Skype and Yahoo Messenger
A popular technique among cyberattackers is to target software that has not yet been updated to protect it from known vulnerabilities. Many attacks exploit unpatched software, even when the flaws in the software are well known. Software flaws are catalogued in the Common Exposures and Vulnerabilities (CVE) database operated by MITRE Corp. According to Verizon, 99.99% of exploits used in 2014 took advantage of vulnerabilities that had been given a CVE number at least a year prior.
In fact, things were even worse than that. Verizon’s report found that over 30 exploits responsible for data breaches in 2014 stemmed from CVES first issued in 1999. That’s right – companies are still losing data to hackers using security flaws reported before the ILOVEYOU virus was born. Such is the importance of software patching that the Australian Signals Directorate lists it as a mandatory requirement to mitigate cyber intrusion.
If system patches had been properly applied by many of the Drupal 7 operators mentioned earlier, their websites would not have been compromised and their visitors would have remained uninfected. But their attackers, who had designed an attack to exploit a known bug in Drupal, relied on many operators failing to update their software to eliminate the bug.
Once a flaw has been detected in a particular piece of software (whether that be an operating system, database engine, application framework, or software application), cyber criminals can easily write scripts to search the Internet for running versions of the software, and simply attempt to compromise them. Attack toolkits, designed for cybersecurity research, contain regularly updated catalogues of these flaws, along with code designed to exploit them, providing unscrupulous users with ready-made cyber-weapons.
Protect Your Network
- Daily Safety Check
- Daily automated scan
- Status of backup and antivirus
- Status of security updates
- Daily Health Check
- Comprehensive inspection of systems
- Provides detailed picture of your IT
- Saves hours of downtime and frustration
- Server and Networking Monitoring
- 24/7 checks on all connections and systems
- Delivers information quickly on any issues
- Supports faster resolution
- Server and Networking Management
- Fully outsorced service
- Constant support and advice
- Affordable costs
From automatic back-up and antivirus checks to full systems diagnosis and reporting, your IT infrastructure will be taken care of, freeing up your time to focus on growing your business.